Thursday, October 25, 2012

Wedding Trend Wednesday (late again) : Guest Books

Hey Dolls,

Okay so apparently, I thought I would be WAY more on top of posting than I have been.  Hence another day late for Wedding Trend Wednesday.  Upside?  I get to pass my time at the library doing this instead of wasting time on Satan's Site Pinterest. 
*side-note:  you can totally follow me on pinterest...awilso23 :)

Alright Wedding Trend Wednesday!!!!  Today's topic:

Guest Books:

So it is kind of an unwritten rule that a bride and groom have some type of "wedding welcome" we'll call it.  Traditionally, they have just been literal books for people to sign in.  That is until recently (or not too recent but I'm just now picking up on it).  I have seen many a type of *announcer voice* the new, and improved, gggguuuueeessstttt book! 
Okay, I know I'm a complete nerdo.  Let me remind you, I'm at the school library.  Nothing exciting happens here.


Thumbprint Tree:

Soooo, let's be honest.  I'm not completely sold on this idea.  That could solely be because I hate, hate, hate having things on my hands, ink included.  But, if you are having any type of outdoor or country wedding, these are perfect!
 
 
 
Wish Tree:
 
Okay so I really, really like this idea.  How did trees get so popular anyhow?  I have no idea but I will take it!  So one thing I love about this is guests can write a little note, not just sign their name.  Guests can put any little thing on that note that they would like; inside jokes, famous quotes, etc.  And!  How cute would it be to take these out every year and put them on your Christmas tree?! (Yes, I admit I have already been listening to Christmas music.  It's gonna be a good one this year, I can feel it!)
 
 
 
Furniture:
 
 
This idea was pretty new to me but I love this one too.  It's where guests sign some type of furniture that's going to be in/around your house.  I personally think signing matching rocking chairs would be the quintessential item because what married couple doesn't talk about 60 yrs down the road?  What do people above 60 do?  They rock.  In rocking chairs.  On their porches.  When it's not too cold.  :)
 
 
 
Taking Pictures:
 
I like this idea also.  Who doesn't get all dolled up for a wedding?  I always want to have my picture taken at weddings.  That, and the couple can remember what you looked like back in the day :)  You could do this in so many different ways too.  I have seen it done with props, chalk board messages, and photo booth style.  I.love.erry.one. 
 
 
Chandelier???:
 
I'm sorry, WHAT???!!!  Okay.  That is beyond rad.  I mean, what?!  I just can't wrap my head around that one at all.  Whoever came up with this idea is totally ARTSY FARTSY and I LOVE it!!
 
 
 
So there you have it Honeys!  These are just 5 different ways you could do a guest book.  All of these are super cute and can be done really easily.  You could also stick with the traditional guest book and I like when couples do a book with their engagement photos in it that you sign around.  Don't be afraid to be different!  As with everything else wedding, put YOUR style into it and it will be fabulous!
 
Cheeks,
 
Ash :) 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment